Wednesday, June 15, 2011

London, Grunge paper Workshop and sewing Books while Jet lagged.

Don't try this at home.

As mentioned, I signed up for a grunge paper workshop in London, UK at Blade rubber Stamps.
http://www.bladerubberstamps.co.uk/site/about_us.php
Susie Jefferson from 1st floor flat was teaching.
http://1stfloorflat.blogspot.com/p/workshops.html

I have never really appreciated how Jet Lag can mess one up until that day. Needless to say I was not exactly the star student. Add to that, a low blood sugar incident and the elevator music alarm playing on my cellphone (on the other side of the room). :(

I have been assured by Susie that I was not the problem child in the class.  Thank you for your gracious and kind response.

Overall, the workshop was great. I made my book with some (lots of)  help. I learned about grunge paper, making distressed finishes and how to use perfect pearls among other things. Susie has a wealth of knowledge and a great sense of humour. It was also was nice to pick up lots of great info.

Here's the book I made at the workshop with some added alterations.

© NeonSun Studios 2011


I was inspired to make another book at home. So here is my experiment.

Notice the perfect pearls on the flower. I also coloured it with Spray Inks.
© NeonSun Studios 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...